Monday 11 March 2013

Jessica Rabbit and Influences on kids and cartoons

I know shes a cartoon character, but I love how sassy, sexy and kick ass she is!


I only noticed her on the amazing film 'Who framed Roger rabbit?'
And i totally fell in love with the amazing character! Yes she may be a little too mature for the younger audience and seen as more sexual (even though she wears more than some cartoon characters!)but she shows that curvy girls are much more attractive if not more desirable (by a rabbit?) than a size zero/ May this be a start of a problem?

I find that today not only kids program's but animated films and cartoons portray the womanly or teenager figure now to be tiny with legs like sticks, flat stomach and perky breasts who are all goody goody. No wonder half of them are borderline anorexic if they already aren't and develop eating problems when the first figure they look up to is seen as that!

(Winx)


As lovely are the stories to the Disney Princesses, they yet again set a fake figure for children.
The quest for perfection from their first hero's and influences will never stop. Perfect hair, skin, figure and dress. Us women all strive for this perfection still. Is it deeply rooted into us as kids?
I don't know, but i know for my kid, Jessica Rabbit all the way!
No Fakery. A REAL woman.


Oh! and i did a little makeup look for her aswell!
I hope I go to a fancy dress soon so i can buy the sexy springily dress! 









No comments:

Post a Comment